All applications for School Direct places must be made via UCAS Teacher Training (from late October 2014), once the application has been received and processed by UCAS it will be made available for Shireland Teaching School Alliance and the University of Warwick to consider.
Stage 1 (5 working days)
The University will check applications to ensure minimum entry requirements and academic suitability.
The University will provide feedback to any applicants rejected at this stage.
Shireland Teaching School Alliance will review applications, (a decision on whether to invite applicants to a selection day will only be made once the University have confirmed approval).
Suitable candidates will be invited to attend a selection day, these will normally be held at Shireland Collegiate Academy, however where appropriate they may be held at one of our partner schools.
A typical selection day will consist of:
- Group discussion on teacher training, teaching as a career and our expectations for the year.
- Observation of candidates working with students.
- Literacy and numeracy testing (marked by the University).
- Tour of the school
- Formal interview
Candidates will be required to bring the following original documentation to the selection day:
- Proof of qualifications
- Proof of identification to enable a Disclosure and Barring Service check to be carried out on successful candidates (a list of required documentation will be provided to applicants invited to a selection day).
Shireland Teaching School Alliance provides details of the successful candidates to the University who will confirm the results of the tests.
Offers are made to successful candidates, all offers will be conditional, typical conditions will include:
- Further school experience.
- Subject enhancement.
- Disclosure and Barring Service clearance
- Medical fitness for salaried candidates
- Successful completion of the Professional Skills Tests
For more information on the University of Warwick and their ITT (Initial Teacher Training), please visit WarwickITT