Please find below the current allocation we have for courses for academic year 2015/2016 within Shireland Teaching School Alliance. All our courses are in conjunction with our ITT Provider, the University of Warwick. These places are subject to change.
If you do have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Applications for all courses starting in 2015 are now open on www.ucas.com
More information on the UCAS application process can be found here.
For the first time this year we are also offering placements in a Special School for primary trainees. Please contact us if you are interested in these placements.
- Primary teaching in a Special School
- Modern Languages
- Computer Science
- Physical Education
- Design Technology
- Religious Education
We currently work in partnership with numerous local and regional schools who provide the year long placements in their schools. We currently work with:
- St Margaret’s at Hasbury CofE Primary School, Halesowen
- Peters Hill Primary School, Dudley
- Pitmastons Primary School, Worcester
- Shireland Hall Primary Academy, Smethwick
- Uplands Manor Primary School, Smethwick
- Galton Valley Primary School, Smethwick
- Kings Rise Primary Academy, Birmingham
- St Michael’s CofE High School, Rowley Regis
- The Meadows Sports College, Oldbury
Applicants will need to meet the following entry requirements:
Early Years and Primary
- You have graduated, or are about to graduate from a British university or College of Higher Education with a minimum 2:2 honours degree, preference is given to candidates with a 2:1 or higher. This includes overseas students with a qualification recognised as equivalent to a British honours degree in the above mentioned classifications.
- On application you hold at least Grade C in GCSE English Language, Mathematics and Science. Other qualifications may be considered for equivalency.
- You have graduated, or are about to graduate from a British university or College of Higher Education with an honours degree, normally a 2:1 or higher if applying for English, History or Drama and a minimum of a 2:2 for other subjects. This includes overseas students with a qualification recognised as equivalent to a British honours degree in the above mentioned classifications.
- A significant proportion of your degree must be in your chosen subject.
- On application you hold at least Grade C in GCSE English Language and Mathematics. Other qualifications may be considered for equivalency.
Candidates should have some experience of mainstream UK schools/early years settings to become familiar with the atmosphere and demands of the age phase they are applying for.
All applicants are required to have passed the Professional Skills Tests prior to commencement of training.
NB. In relation to any course, should you have left university within the last 5 years, one of your referees MUST be from your university.